Some of its features:
- assembles usefull packages and developer tools (AST, FFI, RefactoringBrowser, RoelTyper, TestBrowser, Techo, ScriptManager, MemoryUsage, ...)
- syntax highlighting using Shout
- autocompletion using eCompletion package
- includes seaside and a seaside workspace to easily start web development (no external webserver required)
- window switching using ALT+W (thanks to keybinder)
- provides an beginners workspace (uncomplete, help appreciated)
Unfortunately I was not able to register a new package version on SqueakMap today, so here is a short howto:
Download the latest 3.9 release of Squeak (actually Squeak3.9g-7055.zip) from http://ftp.squeak.org/3.9
Open a new workspace and evaluate the following code:
| repository version |
repository := MCHttpRepository location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/DeveloperWorkspace' user: '' password: ''.
version := repository versionFromFileNamed: 'DEVImageInstaller-tbn.4.mcz'.
A workspace will appear with
Just select this text and evaluate it.
Answer all following questions with "yes" or "ok". Note that you have to provide a username and password during the install. They are used to secure the seaside webserver configuration console.
When the installation finishes just save the image. You can now use the tools or follow the instructions in one of the workspaces.