Thursday, October 31, 2013
Pharo: Objects at your fingertips
A new presentation for those who know OOP but not Pharo is available.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Dead simple intro to Metacello
Pharo is yours
Pharo is yours presentation from Smalltalks 2013 conference.
Moose 4.9 is released. It now uses Roassal completely (Mondrian is removed).
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Kontolino Seaside App
Another online application based on Seaside web framework goes live: Kontolino. Joachim can tell you more.
Smalltalk Devroom at FOSDEM2014
Again this year there is a Smalltalk Devroom at FOSDEM2014. Read the Call for Participation
Advanced Reflection in Pharo
Slides of the "Advanced Reflection in Pharo" lecture from Marcus Denker
Friday, October 25, 2013
Scratch for Arduino
Nice - there is a Scratch for Arduino
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Beyond changes files ...
Roassal 3D lights
Roassal 3d supports different modeling of lights. Screenshots here.
Thursday, October 17, 2013
PV is choosing Pharo Smalltalk
Another project that agreed on using Pharo Smalltalk for its future.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
Pharo Shop online
There is a new Pharo shop online. Go shopping if you like.
Friday, October 11, 2013
Pharo and RaspberryPi
Running Pharo on RaspberryPi is slowly progressing ... there is now also a CI job to build the Stack VM (non JIT/non Cog version). Lets see when it is ready ...
Thursday, October 03, 2013
Mustache templates for Pharo
Mustache is a popular templating engine that is supported in many programming languages. Now there is also a Pharo port from Norbert.
Wednesday, October 02, 2013
Bootstrap for Seaside3 project (Release 0.1.0)
I published the "Bootstrap for Seaside" project and announced it on the Pharo and Seaside lists.
- nearly feature complete regarding components (Nav, Navbar, Jumbotron, Buttons, Alarms, Layouts, ...)
- uses the latest Bootstrap libraries (http://getbootstrap.com)
- covered by more than 160 tests
- completed with an example browser that shows Bootstrap components and according Smalltalk code
- available at STHub (http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap)
- documented (see mentioned project website on STHub) with docu support for PharoOnlineHelp and catalog
- controlled by CI (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Bootstrap/)
- easily loadable using config browser in Pharo 2.0
You can easily load it in a fresh Pharo 2.0 as "Bootstrap" from the config browser. It loads Seaside3
as a dependency. After loading evaluate
ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080